Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Fave Christmas Tradition- "Around the Christmas Tree"


Another one of my favorite Christmas traditions is called Around the Christmas Tree. Every night before family prayer and bed, we gather around the Christmas tree with our blankies to read a Christmas story together. We turn off all other lights in the house so the Christmas tree is the only one shining. Sometimes we share a scripture and sing a Christmas song along with it. I know some families who also have a little treat (like a piece of chocolate or warm cocoa). Not us, because teeth are already brushed by then! I like this tradition because it brings the family in and keeps the spirit of Christmas strong in our home.

Speaking of a little piece of chocolate...

My husband makes the best Christmas fudge ever! Here's our special recipe:

3 c sugar
3/4 c margarine
2/3 c evaporated milk
1 (12oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts (optional)

Combine sugar, marg. and ev. milk. Bring to boil. Stir 5 min. over medium heat. (238 degrees) Remove from heat and stir in choc. chips. Add marshmallow cream, vanilla and nuts. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Cool. Cute into squares and try really hard not to eat the whole pan yourself. There are probably others who'd like some too! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. mmm, thanks for the fudge recipe.

    I noticed that you don't have a way for people to comment unless they click on the individual posts. If you didn't do this on purpose and would like for people to be able to comment, you can change it in your layout area in blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! Just last night my two oldest wanted to sleep by the tree because it is sooo relaxing! I'm going to start this tomorrow night. I only have like 2 Christmas books... I'd love a list! (Unless you've already posted this -and I'm too lazy to go see)... Thanks Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy- I will post a list of great Christmas books for you this week- prob. tomorrow or Wed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails