Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa Bags


I love how Santa leaves gifts by the stockings but over the years it has become more of a struggle to find "Santa only paper" to wrap the Santa gifts. So to ease Santa's frustrations this year I have made "Santa Bags" for him. I am so excited to use them. And if for whatever reason the gift is to big Santa will place a picture of the item and make them go on a scavenger hunt.


I used some red fabric (20x20) with a 1/2 inch seam. Sew a band around towards the top. My band is layered so the bottom strip is a 3 1/2 inch wide and the top strip is 2 1/2 inch wide. Just leave an opening on the band where the seams meet and you can thread the ribbon thru with a safety pin. {Before I threaded the ribbon I washed the bags so they would have that "worn" look.} I just used a scrapbooking letter so I could tell who it belongs to; but you could put a picture of your child which would be fun to change every year.


Draw string it up and its ready for Santa!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I used some red fabric (20x20) with a 1/2 inch seam. Sew a band around towards the top. My band is layered so the bottom strip is a 3 1/2 inch wide and the top strip is 2 1/2 inch wide. black kameez design girl , girl black salwar kameez ,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails