Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Off the Bone {Roast Beef}


We had the best meat for dinner last night!
As a kid we had Roast Beef every Sunday. My mom is a great cook but the roast beef was always dry. My sister & I would always use ketchup to dip the meat. So when I found the secret to cooking roast beef (in my BHG magazine), there were no words to describe how elated I was.
I didn't follow the exact recipe but when my husband will have 3rds I know I did it right.
[My version]-Ingredients:
2 1/2-3 lb. beef chuck roast
1 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. dried garlic
1 Tbl. dried minced onions
2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth + 1 can with water
(liquid needs to cover meat)

Cook in the crock pot for 11 hours on low heat.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails