Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tie a Perfect Bow

Have you ever had trouble getting your bows to look just so? Well, there is a strategy to tying a perfect bow. Here's how I tie mine...

I always start it out with the right side crossing over the left, so that I end up looping it over and down behind with my right hand.
 Then I make a loop by folding the right strand under itself (with the excess ribbon hanging down from thumb).
Now I lay the top/left ribbon over the other loop and tuck it up through the right side. *TIP- The key is to make sure the ribbon stays as FLAT as possible the whole time.
Then I pull the loops tight to finish the bow.
Don't forget to fluff the loops of the wider ribbons to make them look full and finished!


You can also form a perfect bow without tying it around something. Just cut a piece of ribbon, longer than you need but not too much to waist.
Being conscience of where the middle of the ribbon is, I make a flat loop (with one half of the ribbon)  around the back of my right finger, leaving the long part hanging behind. Then I hold it in place with my thumb and index finger.
With my left hand, I bring the long part up (from behind), up and over my fingers and other loop, to the front. 
Then I tuck it up under the right one (just like I mentioned above) and finish it off.
I'm sure to pull nice and tight, and always have to play with it a little bit to make sure the loops are even. Then I trim off excess ribbon at the ends to give it a uniform, finished look.
*TIP- Depending on the size (width) of the ribbon I'm using, it will determine how big or small to make the bow. (They always look best if the sizes coordinate.)


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I learned this method after many times of trial & error when my daughter was little. At the time she was wearing 'spinn-y dresses' (aka. fluffy dresses that fan out when you spin in a gazillion circles) every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You've been given The Versatile Blogger Award over at Livin' In Duckville. You can read more about this at http://livininduckville.blogspot.com/2011/11/arise-queen-cometh.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many office workers feel very busy, feel tired enough after get off work, and do exercises after work, so I am afraid it is not a joke. In fact, exercise is a very good way to relieve stress. Good exercise habits can change every aspect of a person’s life. You may become more energetic due to exercise and even improve work efficiency. Put on your NIKSA workout clothesand meet you better than yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article was very helpful for me. I was looking for tie bow your article was helpful in this regard. Now it's time to avail Junk Removal Fort Lauderdale for more information.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thank you for sharing this informative blog with us. Your blog is very useful for us. Are you an aspiring engineer looking to migrate to Australia and establish a successful career? Look no further than our top-notch cdr writing services tailored specifically for the Australian immigration process. Our expert team of writers understands the intricacies of the Engineers Australia (EA) assessment process and is dedicated to helping you showcase your skills and qualifications effectively. Crafting a compelling CDR is essential to securing a positive assessment from EA, and our services are designed to maximize your chances of success.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails