Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stitched Flower


When I was in Utah a little bit ago I went to this cute Quilting shop I visit every time I'm there. They had this
Stitched Flower pinned on a dress. They didn't have a pattern to buy so I had to make my own.


I cut a 3 1/2" flower template out of chipboard (you could use cardstock). Cut a piece of fabric(fleece or cotton) big enough for the flower template and sandwich a piece of batting("Warm & Natural Needled Cotton Batting")in between the fabric layers. Using the template cut the fabric flower.


Stitch around the flower with coordinating thread.


Stitch a "gathering" stitch(with this cool tip) down the strip of fabric(1/2" x 20").


Take the gathered fabric strip and stitch regularly into a coil in the middle of the flower.


The frayed coiled fabric strip in the middle.


Add some embellishments in the center of the flower such as buttons & rhinestones. Now its Ready to Wear!

Pin It Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I love this flower idea. It is so cute. Thanks for sharing!

    http://lexmallabooks.com/?p=8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very good. I enjoyed reading it. Would you like to come and read ours Dragon Hatch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for liking, press share I exactly got what you mean thanks for 7mscore

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never too late to start againดูบอลสด
    Don't let your dreams be dreamsข่าวมวย

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great web site, Good sparkling user interface and, very informative blogs. thanks. You may check our website also เว็บpgslot365x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails