Friday, July 20, 2012

Make-Shift Sewing Storage

My mom has a really nice, super durable, vintage sewing caddy that holds everything she needs for sewing. And it fits nicely on a shelf in the closet. I've tried to find one just like it, but to find one like my mom's I think a thrift store is my best bet. I've been checking in thrift stores for a while without success, so I settled on a fishing tackle box at the Goodwill for $1.50 and thought I would give that a try.

It will work for now until I find something better. The tackle box isn't quite right for thread storage, nor does it have enough compartments for all my thread. But it works okay for now. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those vintage sewing boxes! OH they just knew what women wanted from a sewing box back in the day! I too have been looking for one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails