Friday, September 7, 2012

Cream Cheese with Fresh Salsa

I've been craving this "Salsa" I had at my niece's bridal shower. I made it this last weekend for the holiday with our family. So easy and oh so tasty!!!
This recipe actually calls for cranberries but its not winter time and I didn't have any in the freezer so I will list the original recipe and a second version that is just as tasty.

"Winter" Cranberry Salsa (Original):
12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries
1 jalapeno, no seeds
5 green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
 Blend everything together in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Toss in 3/4 cup of sugar. Serve over a block(8 oz.) of cream cheese with Wheat Thins. Best if made 6 hours before needed.
"Summer" Cherry Salsa (my version):
1 pound fresh cherries(pitted)
1 jalapeno, no seeds
5 green onions
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. lime juice
Blend everything together in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Serve over a block(8 oz.) of cream cheese with Wheat Thins. Best if made 6 hours before needed.
Pin It Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails